Tuesday, November 1, 2011

We're Back!

I cannot express how excited we are to begin our second adoption. We began praying and talking about it as we were in Ethiopia to bring S home! At the time, I had no idea where God would lead us. Since we made the wear-out-the-carpet-praying-on-our-knees-decision to return to Ethiopia for our second child, we have had no doubt that we are doing exactly what we need to do.

S's transition into our family and home was so smooth that I many times thought I was missing something. She has been so healthy, happy, and has attached so wonderfully to us as her parents that I can only give thanks to God for His good gifts. As her transition continued to go smoothly, we both felt God speaking to our hearts..."NOW is the time to start again!"

We researched and researched and called agency after agency to inquire about many different programs. We initially thought we would pursue a country in Asia, but after praying more, we realized God was leading us to bring another Ethiopian child into our family. We were disappointed to hear that the time frame had lengthened substantially from when we began S's adoption, but we knew that could not and would not be the reason we would not follow the Lord. So we signed the contracts on August 3rd with our amazing agency, AGCI, and began the paper chase once again!

I will say one of the most amazing differences about beginning this adoption versus our first...when I look at the stack of documents, I know that on the other end of this enormous and sometimes excruciating process there is a child. A child God has purposed to grow up in our family. A child who will be my child and I will be his or her momma. And THAT, friends, is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on starting your next adoption!!! SO exciting!!! S is going to be an amazing big sister! :) Our family will be praying for yours on this adoption journey! Blessings,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete